Fire and Rescue
The Blue Lake Fire Station is located at 7534 Blue Lake Rd - Kalkaska, Mi 49646 just north of Blue Lake.
Blue Lake Twp Fire Department meets every Monday evening at 7pm. Training in all types of Fire & Medical responses.
Blue Lake Twp FD would like to welcome our newest members to the Department;
Kevin Ivkovich, Shari Ivkovich, and Todd Brozovich
In 2019 51% of all calls responded to where for medical assistance, 49% where Fire related responses. This includes Car, UTV and Snowmobile crashes. Blue Lake FD also responded to 9 calls for assist to other agencies for Structure fires.
The Blue Lake Twp Fire Department is a paid on call Department. Our Firefighters are paid by the hour for calls they respond to, and all training is paid. Firefighters respond to the station when an emergency call is dispatched.
If you are interested in learning more about the Blue Lake Twp. Fire Department our seeing how you can assist your community contact Fire Chief Greg Brierley (734-216-9137) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
A five year millage of 1.0 mill that passed by the voters on August 3, 2016 maintains the Fire Departments Budget. This millage is active through the 2020 tax year. The Fire Department uses these fund for operational and equipment needs.
Members of the Fire Department:
- Bob Barr, Chief, EMT, Firefighter I & II
- Greg Brierley, Chief, EMT, Firefighter I & II, Arson Investigator
- Randy Dickens, Assistant Chief, EMT, Firefighter I & II
- Jeff Lavender, Captain, MFR, Firefighter I & II
- Kerry Boyer, EMT, Firefighter I & II
- Cody Brierley, EMT, Firefighter I & II
- Mary Shaw, MFR, Firefighter I
- Larry Shoemaker, MFR, Firefighter I & II
- Jack Walls, Firefighter I
- Todd Brozoich NCFF
- Pam Clark, NCFF
- Mike Clark,MFR, NCFF
- Dean McClenaghan, NCFF
- Kevin Ivkovich, NCFF
- Shari Ivkovich, NCFF
- Garrett Lampe, NCFF